Employment at Universal Roof & Contracting
About Universal Roof & Contracting:
We are known in the community as a company with the highest standards of work and an undisputed reputation for customer service. Since 1993, our success has been built upon our quality products, expert installation and most importantly a team of committed and successful individuals.
Our Mission Statement:
It is the mission of Universal Roof & Contracting to provide superior construction services to the communities we serve. We strive to consistently improve the quality of our product and to add value for clients through innovation, foresight, integrity and aggressive performance – and to serve with character and purpose that brings honor to God. Universal Roof & Contracting is also in business to improve the lives of our employees by providing them personal and financial growth opportunities by creating long term growth, profitability and stability for the company.
About Employment Positions:
The candidates we will consider must meet certain qualifications based on specific job descriptions for the Administrative, Sales and Production departments. They should be able to work interactively with others for the benefit of the company and our customers. We will expect them to be contributing members at staff meetings and be willing to “pitch in” and help others when things get a little hectic. Each associate is an important and vital part of the Universal Roof & Contracting team.
About Employment Benefits:
Competitive salary is based upon job description as well as individual applicant’s experience and skills. Our standard full-time benefit package includes medical insurance, profit sharing and paid vacation. Industry training for specialized skills and certifications is also often provided.
Full Time Residential Estimator
- Minimum 3 years Construction/Roofing Sales experience.
- Must be customer focused, coachable, goal-driven and possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have experience with MS Office Suite; knowledge of Xactimate a plus.
CDL Truck and Trailer Driver
Universal Roof & Contracting is currently looking for a truck and trailer driver to join our team. The Driver’s job is to deliver supplies, tools, materials, and dump trailers to various job sites as directed by the Production Manager or Residential Construction Manager. The Driver is responsible for the safe operation of company vehicles and the trailers. Each vehicle is to be regularly maintained and washed by the Driver and must be inspected to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy and safe to operate. The Driver delivers trailers to be used on job sites for roofing and construction waste disposal and is responsible for picking up trailers when full and dumping them at the approved landfill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Drives company vehicles to and from jobsites.
Delivers dump trailers to jobsites, then retrieves them and disposes of construction and roofing waste materials at appropriate landfills.
Delivers materials, tools, or equipment as directed.
May perform general labor or maintenance duties at office as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education/ Experience/ Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Drivers must have experience in driving trucks with 12′ trailers attached; be able to back trailers in and out of areas where they are used or at landfills safely with up to 14,000 loads.
Drivers must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Florida Class B License, clean driving record for 7 years.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits for Eligible Employees
Group Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Universal Roof & Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Time Customer Service Representative
- Must be highly professional and have exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Duties include managing high volume incoming phone leads, scheduling appointments, generating new leads, and customer follow up.
- Must have experience with general office functions and computer programs.
Project Coordinator for Commercial Construction
Universal Roof & Contracting is currently seeking a Project Coordinator for Commercial Construction. The person in this position is an integral member of the project team, and as such is responsible for delivering building development projects of varying sizes and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing, and controlling project activities under the direction of a Project Manager and the Director of Construction.
Essential Duties for the position are:
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Make certain that client’s needs are met as the project evolves.
- Help prepare project proposals, time frames, schedule and budget.
- Monitor and track the progress of project and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants.
- Use project management tools such as Microsoft Project, to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spent.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Prepare all subcontracts for project.
- Acquire Notice to Owner and Lien Releases.
- Prepare all AIA G702, 703 pay applications.
- Organize subcontractor cost control, change orders, purchase orders, and proposals, some accounting history.
- Work closely with Architect to review submittals and RFI’s from subcontractors.
- Schedule inspections, pull jurisdictional permits.
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Assist the Project Manager with the drafting of and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tneders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules.
- Prepare project organization and communication charts.
Other essential duties are found in the complete job description and will be discussed with qualified applicants during the interview process.
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools.
- Complete understanding of the submittal process.
- Knowledgeable in AIA G702, 703 pay applications and AIA 101 contracts.
We offer the following benefits to our employees upon meeting eligibility requirements:
Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Voluntary Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Paid Holidays
Universal Roof & Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Project Coordinator
Universal Roof & Contracting is currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator for our Residential Roofing Division. The Project Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of scheduling roofing projects. This includes coordinating with all the Project Managers on each job, communication with homeowners, as well as all other employees and subcontractors involved in the project. The Project Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring that each job has the correct permits when the job starts. They must be knowledgeable about the requirements for each city, municipality, and county. Handles all scheduling for inspections that are needed in conjunction with each permit issued to our company to perform work; keeps detailed records for all information relating to all permits. Administrative duties also include being attentive to inbound and outbound calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain log for all information relating to each individual permit and its inspections
- Check inspection results daily
- Request subcontractors for scheduling, request all necessary inspections, order materials.
- Track material delivery dates and dates for permits and inspections
- Keep calendar up to date for Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Maintain communication with homeowner and Project Manager.
- Schedule repair technicians for jobs as needed.
- Coordinate with Accounting Department for a collection schedule depending on type of project
- Scan permits and notices of commencement (NOC) and attach affidavits if needed for reroof projects to ensure work is according to local building codes.
- Cancel or reschedule inspections as needed.
- Meet weekly with Production department regarding final inspections to ensure they are scheduled.
- Deliver permits to job sites when required.
- Get final job photos from Superintendents or Project Managers.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Only candidates who have permitting experience will be considered.
- High school graduate or some college essential.
- Must be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Typing speed and accuracy is essential with the ability to type a minimum of 55 wpm.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Project Coordinator is required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Most work takes place in an office environment where the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, type, and reach with arms and hands.
- Personal vehicle is required since there are times the Project Coordinator will need to pick up or deliver permitting paperwork.
- The employee will regularly lift 5 to 10 pounds.
Universal Roof & Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time Residential Roofing Project Manager
- To oversee large volume, short duration roofing projects.
- Responsible for entire projects including detailing, costing, scheduling, completing small punch out items, and ensuring premium quality and safety standards.
- Must be knowledgeable in all roofing types, detail oriented and possess good communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, proficient at problem solving and customer service oriented.
- On site project management or supervisory experience required.